[Samba] Share Access for SAMBA 2.2.8a on HP-UX 11.11

eric roseme eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com
Mon Dec 19 17:29:23 GMT 2005

Michalek, Tom S wrote:
> Security=server
> Username map=/etc/opt/samba/username.map
>
> All NT ids are mapped to the same unix id via username.map.  Some NT
> id's don't see all the SHARES when they access SAMBA...Not sure why this
> would be if all NT ids are being translated to the same unix id.

Is it just browsing?  Can the users mount the unseen shares? If yes,
does a "net view \\server" from the affect client(s) display all shares?

A.  Is this opensource Samba or HP CIFS Server?
B.  Either way, you should be on Samba 3 for 11i (2.2 is okay for 11.0)
C.  You should try to use "security = domain" - "server" is not
recommended.

If you would like to discuss Samba/CIFS versions at Boeing, I am fairly
clued-in about that.  We can discuss it offline.

Eric Roseme
Hewlett-Packard