[Samba] Error Message Question - Bugzilla 2214

L. Mark Stone lmstone at rnome.com
Sun Dec 18 15:58:38 GMT 2005

Running VMware Workstation 5.5 on SuSE SLES9 with Samba 3.20b installed
from SuSE Projects tree.

A share on the SLES9 box is used to transfer data between the SLES9 box
and a Windows 2000 vm running in VMware--all on the same physical box.

On firing up the vm, I see the following in /var/log/messages on the
SLES9 box:

Dec 18 10:44:44 pinot smbd[27958]: [2005/12/18 10:44:44, 0]
smbd/nttrans.c:call_nt_transact_ioctl(2338)
Dec 18 10:44:44 pinot smbd[27958]:   call_nt_transact_ioctl(0x90073):
Currently not implemented.

I see there is a bugzilla report 2214, but the report gives no indication
as to whether the error is benign or not.

Since some of the data being used across this share includes accounting
files, I would be grateful to learn if I nee to be concerned about this
error, please.

Thanks!
Mark

A Message From...  L. Mark Stone

Reliable Networks of Maine, LLC

"We manage your network so you can manage your business"

477 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101
Tel: (207) 772-5678
Web: http://www.rnome.com

This email was sent from Reliable Networks of Maine LLC.
It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If you suspect that you were not intended to receive it, please
delete it and notify us as soon as possible. Thank you.