[Samba] Samba over PVFS: Corrupted Data

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Dec 17 17:46:08 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 20:56 -0500, Justin Mazzola Paluska wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to export Samba shares that access a PVFS2
> (http://www.pvfs.org/pvfs2)-mounted partition.  PVFS2 is a parallel,
> distributed file system for Linux clusters.  PVFS2 gets mounted like
> any other partition and it offers non-POSIX file semantics similar to
> NFS.  We can use standard shell commands (mv, ls, cp, etc.) to read
> and write files on the PVFS2 file system without any problems.  On
> Samba (3.0.13) we've had quite a few problems:

The Samba 3.0.13 would be the first thing I would fix.  Samba 3.0.21 is
about to be released, and with oplock rewrites and other things since
3.0.13, it should provide a better basis for distributed filesystem
work.

My guess is that the lack of posix locking is causing Word to fail, as
it uses a lot of locks.

Andrew Bartlett