[Samba] "NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"

Michael Barnes mbarnes at hcjb.org
Fri Dec 16 19:53:59 GMT 2005

I got that error when trying to login or access the Samba server from a
client who was not allowed in the [IPC$] section.

[IPC$]
    path = /tmp
    hosts allow = 10.143.0.0/16, 127.0.0.1, 10.159.0.0/16, 10.150.0.0/16
    hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0

Be sure you are in this section to have permission to access the server.

Of course, there are other reasons to get that message, but this is the
one that pertained to me.  At least it is someplace to look.

Also, try 'smbclient -L <servernetbiosname> -U%'.
If that works and 'smbclient -L <servernetbiosname> -U <username>' does
not, then it may be a user vs. share issue.

Michael

Donald Musser told me on 12/16/2005 13:39: