[Samba] Joining a Samba 3 domain repost

Mike mikevl at paradise.net.nz
Thu Dec 15 20:24:28 GMT 2005

Hi

I have followed the Samba 3 by Example Chapter 2 small office network to
the letter. I can connect to server shares using the root user and pw
but when I try to join the domain I still get the message " while
attempting to join the domain xxxx the user could not be found"

>From the log
  getpeername failed. Error was Transport endpoint is not connected
[2005/12/16 09:22:30, 0] lib/util_sock.c:get_peer_addr(1000)
  getpeername failed. Error was Transport endpoint is not connected
[2005/12/16 09:22:30, 0] lib/util_sock.c:write_socket_data(430)
  write_socket_data: write failure. Error = Connection reset by peer
[2005/12/16 09:22:30, 0] lib/util_sock.c:write_socket(455)
  write_socket: Error writing 4 bytes to socket 25: ERRNO = Connection reset by peer
[2005/12/16 09:22:30, 0] lib/util_sock.c:send_smb(647)
  Error writing 4 bytes to client. -1. (Connection reset by peer)
useradd: invalid user name 'arthp1$'

Thanks for any help you may be able to give

Mike