[Samba] LDAP Account Manager

Gary MacKay gary at edisoninfo.com
Thu Dec 15 16:46:18 GMT 2005

Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 08:48 -0500, Gary MacKay wrote:
>
>>RedHat ES 4
>>openldap-servers-2.2.13-2
>>openldap-clients-2.2.13-2
>>openldap-2.2.13-2
>>nss_ldap-226-1
>>python-ldap-2.0.1-2
>>php-ldap-4.3.9-3.2
>>openldap-devel-2.2.13-2
>>
>>I installed ldap account manager from source. It seems to run fine but I
>>can not get passed the create a samba domain part. This is a fresh
>>OpenLdap install. I've never used it until now.
>>
>>Failed to add domain!
>>Invalid DN syntax
>
> ----
> assuming that you have basic openldap setup done and operating, you
> might be well served by installing latest smbldap-tools (up2date
> smbldap-tools) and then editing config files in /etc/smbldap and using
> the smbldap-populate to set up initial entries before climbing behind
> ldap account manager. See the docs at www.samba.org/samba/docs
>
> Craig

OK, got this far and more errors:

[root at server smbldap-tools]# smbldap-populate
Populating LDAP directory for domain EDISONINFO
(S-1-5-21-279718241-849325494-2048620965)
(using builtin directory structure)

entry dc=edisoninfo,dc=com already exist.
entry ou=people,dc=edisoninfo,dc=com already exist.
entry ou=groups,dc=edisoninfo,dc=com already exist.
entry ou=machines,dc=edisoninfo,dc=com already exist.
entry ou=Idmap,dc=edisoninfo,dc=com already exist.
adding new entry: uid=root,ou=people,dc=edisoninfo,dc=com
failed to add entry: objectclass: value #1 invalid per syntax at
/usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 471, <GEN1> line 7.