[Samba] Windows admin, anything special?

Mont Rothstein mont.rothstein at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 21:03:14 GMT 2005

What I missed, and I'm not sure if it is in the docs or simply the nature of
my distro (RHEL ES 4), is that smbusers has a default entry of "root =
administrator admin"

This doesn't show up in the system-config-admin UI.  I don't want admin to
be root, so I had created a Unix account named administrator and given in
the samba/windows name of admin.

Thanks for asking.

If there isn't anything in the official docs about this perhaps a warning
somewhere?

-Mont