[Samba] Fwd: roaming profile contents

Michael Barnes mbarnes at hcjb.org
Wed Dec 14 14:47:14 GMT 2005

AFAIK-
The profile is usually C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\NTUSER.DAT

With roaming profiles, you identify the location of this file with
various [NETLOGON] and [GLOBAL] settings.  It is copied into the
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\NTUSER.DAT on login and copied back
to the server location on logout.  Everything else can be redirected.

Profiles can be shared between NT and Win2K.  I don't know about XP.  If
you have users who move between different architectures, you can use the
%a variable to identify the OS and select the appropriate profile to load.

I hope that is close.

Michael

Adrian told me on 12/14/2005 00:23: