[Samba] Winbind on PDC

Patrick Kranz patrick at epper.de
Wed Dec 14 13:46:10 GMT 2005

Hi list !

Is it possible to run winbind on the pdc to get posix uids /gids ?

I´ve successsfully ran winbind on an domain member server und was able
to do wbinfo -u an got all the users in a domain but if I try the same
setup working on the pdc directly all I get is "Error looking up domain
users". I googled for two days now but I´m not getting the crucial clue.
I´m using Samba 3.0.14 on Debian Sarge. I´ve tried with LDAP Backend as
well as with tdbsam. I´m grateful for every help. If more information is
needed, please let me know.

Best regards,
Patrick Kranz