[Samba] Problems with SID and mem of group

Special Despa specialdespa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 12:17:38 GMT 2005

Installs Samba 3.0.20a in Debian 2.4.27-2-586tsc, forms smb.conf like BDC
with backend=tdbsam, I made the migration of users and groups of a PDC
Windows NT using "net rpc vampire" and finally forms Samba like PDC, all
this following the steps descriptos in The Official Samba-3 HOWTO, my
problem is that now when I want to add a new group to the domain
# net rpc group add "SupportEngrs" -Uroot%not24get
often agrees the SID of this one with a already existing SID of the migrated
users of the domain.
I solves this executing
# groupadd SupportEngrs
# net groupmap add rid=1501 ntgroup="SupportEngrs" unixgroup=SupportEngrs
My question is if this is common and I am going to have to assign rid to
each new group so that it does not agree with sid already existing
Another problem that I have is that in the migration the properties to the
groups by user were not respected, since by single user this allowing me to
be member of two groups only, for example when executing
# net rpc group addmem "DOMAIN\SupportEngrs" usr1 -Uroot%not24get
eliminates one to me of membresias of the user usr1 to specify this new
I solves this publishing /etc/group directly and then yes accept, verifying
it with
# net rpc to user info usr1 -Uroot%not24get
would thank for any commentary to Them on these disadvantages and I request
know to excuse my english to them. Greetings

Despa