[Samba] Samba to Samba

jdickens at designstylesinc.com jdickens at designstylesinc.com
Tue Dec 13 21:41:18 GMT 2005

Hi all,

Very new to the linux world.  Trying to determine how to setup two samba
servers.  One is already setup and running as the main Samba File Server.
The new one I am trying to add will just be an additional file server for
users.

When I turn the Samba service on the new server, it constantly forces
elections on which server is the local master and which one is not.  When
this occurs, it appears that the network slows down considerably.

Global Settings for Server 1(Existing Server) are:
os level = 35
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes

Global settings for Server 2(New Server) are:
os level = 0
local master = no
domain master = no
preferred master = no

How do I stop the Force Election?

Is that really causing the slow response time on the existing server?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....