[Samba] nisplussam support

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Dec 13 06:29:14 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 16:42 -0600, Arkadiy Chapkis - Arc wrote:
>   Hello everyone,
>
>   As I've read Release Notes, the nisplussam plug-in was removed from Samba 3.0.x

>   Can someone help me with short instruction on how to make nisplussam back into samba 3.0.x, please?
> Thank you very much,

Do you actually have smbpasswd in a NISplus table?  As a stopgap, you
may be able to export it out to a file.  I strongly suggest you move to
LDAP as a shared, supported backend.

(This isn't a magic way to have Samba read normal NISplus, just another
way to share that particular file).

Andrew Bartlett