[Samba] Would BDC Sync with Local Passwd?

Pavan krishna p.krishna at diversityarrays.com
Tue Dec 13 02:50:23 GMT 2005

Hi All,

     I have a Samba PDC on my Suse 9.3 machine serving up to 25 clients
with a OpenLdap backend.The samba user password  also *sync's with the
LDAP Password and the Local User password*. All Samba users also have a
local user account which is used by IMAP Server Accounts & Cyrus
Authentication on the same machine. (So, One Password to email and samba
for all users, if the user changes his password from the client machine
all the passwords are synchronized). Recently I have setup a BDC as well
which is working fine with the OpenLdap Replica. I would like to know
whether the Samba BDC will also synchronizes with the local user
password on the BDC machine. My Replica LDAP is updated on the BDC but
am not sure whether the local user password is updated by the BDC in the
same way as the PDC does. (all user accounts are also created  on the
BDC machine.).

Thank's in advance.

cheers,
Pavan.