[Samba] Windows admin user different?

Mont Rothstein mont.rothstein at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 23:12:41 GMT 2005

Is there anything different about connecting a Windows XP admin user to a
Samba server?  By this I mean the actual administrator/admin user account,
not simply a user in the admin group.

I have two different Samba servers where I have created an administrator
unix account and an admin Samba user account.  I also tried using
Administrator and administrator for the account name.

No matter what I do I can't get the admin user to successfully connect.  It
works fine with all of my other Windows XP users.

Thanks,
-Mont