[Samba] Weird problem: cannot see files...

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Mon Dec 12 04:56:45 GMT 2005

>   127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) connect to service downloads initially as user
> nobody (uid=99, gid=99) (pid 7146)
>
> Anyone have any ideas what my problem is?

Without also seeing your smb.conf and filesystem permissions it's
difficult to tell for sure, however it seems from here that the user is
connecting as user 'nobody' which apparently doesn't have access to the
share.  You'll either need to give 'nobody' access or connect as another
user.

Also, make sure you don't have a 'map to guest' option in smb.conf which
could be mapping the user to 'nobody' because of an incorrect username
or password.

Cheers,
Adam.