[Samba] Why not using the windows configuration wizard (joining a domain) with Samba-3?

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sun Dec 11 23:09:46 GMT 2005

On Sunday 11 December 2005 15:51, Michael Billerbeck wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in the Samba How-to I've read not to use the configuration wizard with
> samba-3 when joining a domain.
> Why that? Is there a problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Please point me at the specific reference in the HOWTO. I need to understand
what causes you concern.

Please help me to understand your concern. If the documentation is inadequate
I must correct of extend it.

Thanks.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member

Author:
The Official Samba-3 HOWTO & Reference Guide, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882228
Samba-3 by Example, 2 Ed., ISBN: 0131882221X
Hardening Linux, ISBN: 0072254971
Other books in production.