[Samba] Problem when add Samba user into LDAP(works OK)

adrian sender adrian_au1 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 11 06:59:25 GMT 2005

Dear soneedu at gmail.com,

Firstly the documentation you have been using is 3rd party documentation and
not the offical Samba docs. I suggest you look at the Samba web site and
read "Samba 3 by Example" chapter 5 is what your looking for. It makes it
difficult for people to help when you use 3rd party documentation.

Have you populated the database? Have you configured smbldap.conf... these
are important.
If all fails check the logs and see what they say, then mail us the log if
you cannot solve the problem.

Have you added the user with smbldap tools?

1.> smbldap-useradd -m -a testuser
2.> smbldap-passwd testuser
3. > smbpasswd testuser

Your smbldap-tools are out of date, I suggest upgrading to
smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1.

In any case for future installations use only the official samba
documentation; you will have less problems and more people will be able to
help you.

Thanks.
Adrian Sender.