[Samba] problem mounting Solaris 9 (SPARC) samba shares.

Kelly Harding kelly.harding at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 10 02:10:23 GMT 2005

Hi,

I've got an old Dual cpu sparcstation 20 running Solaris 9, which has
the latest version of Samba from the
CSW packages.

I've configured it as needed to what should be a working setup.

All works fine in terms of accessing and browsing shares etc. I can
browse the shares in OS X and Windows XP and
under Ubuntu linux on my laptop. but if I try to mount the share on
either Linux or OS X (10.2)I get an error message.

The error I get is:

8057: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

This appears in the logs (dmesg output) when I run the daemons (nmbd/smbd):

Dec 10 02:02:15 morrie nmbd[157]: [ID 702911 daemon.error] [2005/12/10
02:02:15, 0] nmbd/nmbd.c:(736)
Dec 10 02:02:15 morrie nmbd[157]: [ID 702911 daemon.error]   standard
input is not a socket, assuming -D option

Am I missing a setting I need to change for permissions on Solaris
somewhere (I'm not overly familiar with it yet really)?

I've checked the permissions on the share I'm trying to mount and all
looks fine. yet I still get the error above.

Any suggestions or advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Kelly