[Samba] Re: include statement in smb.conf

webster at lexmark.com webster at lexmark.com
Fri Dec 9 18:01:12 GMT 2005

Sorry, I mistyped.  I meant:

include = /etc/samba/g%G.conf

As I see it, this should do what you want.

"David Lucas" <djlucas at orcsd.org>
Sent by: samba-bounces+webster=lexmark.com at lists.samba.org
12/08/05 03:20 PM

        To:     <samba at lists.samba.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: [Samba] Re: include statement in smb.conf

Hmmm, I've tried that and it worked!!  But, it is not what I'm looking to
do.

Say I have a User in the Windows 2000 Active Directory with their primary
group set to Staff.  What I would like is to have samba include
smb.conf.staff as their configuration and that would contain things such
as
different shares and special veto options and their Home directory would
be
located in /home/staff/%username%.

Now, if I have a user with their primary group set to Student then I want
it
to load smb.conf.student with a different set a shares and veto files and
such.  And their home directory would be located in
/home/students/%Year_Of_Gradutaion%/%username%.

Is there away that I will be able to do this??

The only way that I got it to work was to not use the %G.  And we just
have
WAY too many users to specify a config file for each user.

Again, thank you.

Dave