[Samba] Printer Issue with Access XP

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Fri Dec 9 14:38:13 GMT 2005

Hi Cyrille!

The trick is : you need the registry settings of the driver on the
remote samba machine.

This can be done by this way:

1st Create a printer with this driver on your local machine
2nd Create a printer with this driver on your samba server.

3rd: (needs some M$ programming) Copy the registry settings:

use EnumPrinterDataEx calls followed by GetPrinterDataEx (Using a handle
to your new local printer) and SetPrinterDataEx on the remote samba
server (Using a handle to your new *remote* printer).

4th Add registry value "_p_f_a_n_t_0_m_" to your samba server.

After that, you can use every samba printer using this driver even with
Access.

If wanted, I could try to write a little reg-copy programm next week.

Bye,

Martin