[Samba] [more info] getpwnam fails on ldap

WebMaster b3 at bdat.net
Thu Dec 8 23:26:13 GMT 2005

El Jueves, 8 de Diciembre de 2005 23:54, Craig White escribió:

> ----
> if you can 'getent passwd|grep USER_NAME' then it works, if you can't,
> then it doesn't work. When you add USER_NAME to /etc/passwd, it
> obviously works. You have to fix your nss/ldap.conf situation so it can
> get posix users from LDAP
>
> Craig

Yes, but I can login with ldap only user on shell, imap,... but not a XP login
into samba server.

When I do wbinfo -u from a trusting domain PDC get the username, and I can do

su -l DOMA+user

on the other samba and

ntlm_auth --username=user --password=mipass --domain=DOMA
NT_STATUS_OK: Success (0x0)

too. This user is not on files, only on ldap.

I will go on looking for my bug. I think so, it must be nss_ldap
(nss_ldap-234-5), /etc/ldap.conf or glibc (glibc-2.3.5-10.3)

Thank you
Ppablo