[Samba] Windows Server 2003 R2

Ephi Dror ephi at agami.com
Thu Dec 8 20:13:21 GMT 2005

Hi All,

Microsoft just coming up with R2
(http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid5_gci11
50420,00.html?track=NL-52&ad=536546)

I have couple of questions regarding it:

1.  Have they modified/added new features to the core CIFS, RPC, etc.
protocols to support some of those features, perhaps in the DFS or other
areas?

2.  In terms of CIFS, they claim outstanding NetBench performance of
more than 4Mbit/sec throughput. Do we know of  any recent performance
studies on SAMBA that compared to this.

Of course, netbench measured performance  depends on many things in
addition to the actual SAMBA component (backend, network, clients) but
I'm interested to get your thoughts.

Cheers,
Ephi