[Samba] Re: include statement in smb.conf

webster at lexmark.com webster at lexmark.com
Thu Dec 8 16:18:42 GMT 2005

I have been doing this successfully for years (w/ Samba 2.2.8a)

include = /etc/samba/u%U.conf

Of course, this is just the user(s) primary group we are talking about .

Gary R. Webster

"David Lucas" <djlucas at orcsd.org>
Sent by: samba-bounces+webster=lexmark.com at lists.samba.org
12/08/05 07:48 AM

        To:     <samba at lists.samba.org>
        cc:

        Subject:        RE: [Samba] Re: include statement in smb.conf

Yeah, I have tried it and it didn't work.  But as soon as I added the %m
variable or the name of the file it worked.  This solution will not work
for
me seeing I need this based on groups..

Does anyone have a way that I could get this to work??  I REALLY want this
work so I can get away from Windows and use Linux.

Dave