[Samba] Samba and Solidworks

Jean-Yves Boisiaud jean-yves.boisiaud at basystemes.fr
Wed Dec 7 23:43:05 GMT 2005

hello,

I have a problem with SolidWorks (2006 rc2.0 and rc0.0) and Samba
(3.0.14a on Debian Gnu/Linux 3.1 Sarge (stable). There are several
stations running SolidWorks.
Before the migration (from Windows XP server), the application was
running ok.

The problem is while opening new files, I have messages like "connection
to file has been lost...", "cannot open fichier ...", ...

I called the support and they said that Samba is not supported by
SolidWorks, which support only Windows servers (and not all versions...).
It's due to the fact that SolidWorks open several hundred of files at
the same time (I think it's true) and read them immediatly...

I tried several configurations of samba, especialy removing oplocks. It
still doesn't work.

Any idea ?

Thanks for your help.

Jean-Yves