[Samba] logon drive = Z: causes problems

Josh Kelley joshkel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 03:49:15 GMT 2005

On 12/7/05, Brian Gewin <briangewin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I left "logon path" to default.
>
> This is the config I WAS using:
>
> logon script = %U.bat
> logon path =
> logon home = \\%L\%U
> logon drive = U:
>
> In most cases it worked OK but with over 1000 users I got too many reports of U drive missing and
> had to revert back to the old config.

Oops, I meant logon home, not logon path; your config looks good to me.

No other suggestions, really; I might try replacing %L with %h or a
hard-coded server name, in case there's some weird NetBIOS resolution
problem going on, but that's really a shot in the dark.

Craig White had a suggestion (which didn't seem to make it to the
list?) to try first unmapping the drive in case persistent settings
are causing problems:
net use u: /delete
net use u: \\server\homes\%U

Josh Kelley