[Samba] Hanging SMBD processes - Samba CRASHING

Edy Sulai esulai at bmais.or.id
Thu Dec 8 01:52:06 GMT 2005

I have very similar problem with samba 3.0.20b running on Redhat 9.
in my case, smb process stacks up (within reasonable amount) and freeze.
I had to restart smb to make it works again.
the machine i'm using for samba pdc is quite low end (256 mb memory).

through a few tests on the machine, i believe the problem was caused by
lack of memory. free memory was about a little over 15 mb. swap space
was used up entirely.
i'm replacing the server soon.

btw, is there any minimum hardware spec for a samba PDC ? how much
memory would samba requires for about 100 clients?

thanks

Edy