[Samba] logon drive = Z: causes problems

Josh Kelley joshkel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 18:47:59 GMT 2005

On 12/6/05, Brian Gewin <briangewin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've attempted many different solutions including the obvious "logon drive = U:" but that proved
> to be very unreliable and caused the U drive to disappear entirely in some cases.

Sorry if this is asking the obvious, but did you make sure that you
set "logon path" (either globally, in smb.conf, or per-user, using
pdbedit or a similar tool) when you set "logon drive"?  When we had
logon drive but no logon path set, it caused similar problems with the
logon drive disappearing entirely.

Josh Kelley