[Samba] Trying to rejoin a domain

Daniel Wirth dwirth at web.de
Wed Dec 7 13:42:45 GMT 2005

Hi,

I got a huge problem rejoining my samba domain with one machine.
Accidently I removed the machine from the domain and now
I'm not able to rejoin it.
Everytime I try, Windows 2000 (SP6a)  tells me something about it
cannot join the domain because of unknown username or wrong password.
I used the linux/ samba root account + pw for my numerous attempts.

I already created a new trusted machine account for this machine
'cause I thought that was the problem. (old smbpasswd still there
as a backup just in case...)

I kind of remember we had the same problems with all machines when we
initially installed the samba server (using Samba 3.0923), but I
cannot remember how we fixed the issue...

Thanks so far!

Daniel