[Samba] User Primary group problem

Eric Hines eehines at comcast.net
Wed Dec 7 02:52:31 GMT 2005

Interesting.  I had occasion to use usermod -g (per my man pages, again,
the g switch with usermod changes the primary group to the new one) to
change my primary group.  It left my (previously existing) home directory
owned by <me>:users (as it was originally created), but new stuff that I
did within my home directory (and elsewhere) became owned by <me>:<new
primary group>.

I've never used usrmgr, and I've never had trouble (except my own brain
dead errors) with useradd or usermod.

Eric Hines