[Samba] Linux Primary Domain Controller Authentication

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Tue Dec 6 14:56:12 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 07:42 -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Craig White wrote:
>
> > this was one of the primary reasons that I proposed having a
> > samba wiki to dispel some of these legendary misinformations.
> >
> > another thought was where to deflect people who ask about
> > 'the endpoint has disconnected' messages in logs.
> >
> > one other thought was a samba troubleshooting checklist...
>
> So do you have a favorite wiki?  We've looked at twiki
> (written in python) before.  Do you have a recommendation?

Ummm, hmmm, written in Python? no... try Perl.

I know, I host: http://twiki.iwethey.org

First line in every script is:

        #!/usr/bin/perl -wT

Twiki is a very good wiki. Peter Theony does a great job with the team
he has.

It has a metric-buttload of testing, sincere amount of users, among
other things.

Plug-ins are a way cool item for it. Recently, due to missed maintenance
items for twiki, that site I host has been battling a few comment spam
problems (and one quoting problem causing stray files to be deposited in
temp space, but that is a lack of applying updates, bad on my part and
the twiki operator/admin)

The plugins for twiki (and the new dakar release coming RSN) are really
truly its biggest feature.

        http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/WebHome

Twiki is very mature and flexible. Has few problems other than "wiki"
problems in general.
greg, greg at gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, Better, Faster: Linux

Use Debian GNU/Linux, its a bazaar thing