[Samba] Point and print

Marcos Ribes ribes at tutopia.com.br
Tue Dec 6 12:48:51 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have a problem with point and print (I belive) problem.

I have a HP DeskJet 3550 shared in Samba server (samba-3.0.14a-2/Fedora
Core 4) as ImpPcpJt. Connect a printer from a WinXP Pro work fine, but
when I try to see the "Properties" of there, the Explorer.exe generate
an protection fault.

I don't know if is a printer driver or Samba problem, but I found a
strange situacion in Samba.

In rpcclient:
rpcclient $> enumdataex ImpPcpJt PrinterDriverData
Segmentation fault

while with another printer works fine:
rpcclient $> enumdataex ImpPcpLj PrinterDriverData
HPWATERMARKDATA0: REG_BINARY: unknown length value not displayed
HPWATERMARKDATA1: REG_BINARY: unknown length value not displayed
HPWATERMARKDATA2: REG_BINARY: unknown length value not displayed
HPWATERMARKDATA3: REG_BINARY: unknown length value not displayed
HPDUMMY: REG_DWORD: 0x00000000
TrayFormSize: REG_DWORD: 0x00000070
TrayFormTable: REG_BINARY: unknown length value not displayed
FreeMem: REG_DWORD: 0x00000b71
JobTimeOut: REG_DWORD: 0x00000000
Protocol: REG_DWORD: 0x00000000
PrinterDataSize: REG_DWORD: 0x00000230
PrinterData: REG_BINARY: unknown length value not displayed
FeatureKeywordSize: REG_DWORD: 0x0000017a
FeatureKeyword: REG_BINARY: unknown length value not displayed
CombinedMediaStatus: REG_DWORD: 0x00000001

Any idea?