[Samba] Help IDMAP_RID and trusted domains

Michael Gasch gasch at eva.mpg.de
Tue Dec 6 09:20:27 GMT 2005

hi,

it´s me again :(

i´m still not able to use idmap_rid in a trusted domain environment
(samba v3.0.20b Sernet).
well, to be clear: NSS is not working (id, getent passwd <user>, ...) so
samba does not find the posix information for any user from a foreign domain

it´s working in a single domain with
#####################################
# WINBIND - Settings
    idmap backend = idmap_rid:DOMA=10000-50000
    idmap uid = 10000-50000
    idmap gid = 10000-50000

    allow trusted domains = no
    winbind use default domain = yes
    winbind enum users = no
    winbind enum groups = no
    winbind trusted domains only = no
    allow trusted domains = no
    winbind cache time = 60
    template shell = /bin/bash
    template homedir = /data/users/%U
#####################################

but it´s not working with
#####################################
# WINBIND - Settings
    idmap backend = idmap_rid:DOMA=10000-20000,DOMB=20001-50000
    idmap uid = 10000-50000
    idmap gid = 10000-50000

    allow trusted domains = yes
    winbind use default domain = no
    winbind enum users = no
    winbind enum groups = no
    winbind trusted domains only = no
    allow trusted domains = no
    winbind cache time = 60
    template shell = /bin/bash
    template homedir = /data/users/%U
#####################################

wbinfo -u gives me all users from all domains.
id DOMA\user gives me the correct information.
id DOMB\user gives me "No such user" and winbind says:

NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED
Could not lookup name for user DOMB\user

wbinfo -n "DOMB\user" does not work, too. but DOMA\user works.

is there a good manual for idmap_rid and trusts?
do i have to create two-way-trusts? we just have a one-way with DOMB.
i always just find idmap_rid in single domains and people telling me "it
works!"

thx in advance!

--
Michael Gasch