[Samba] net rpc vampire not working

Del del at babel.com.au
Mon Dec 5 10:01:35 GMT 2005

> I actually fooled with your LdapImport and didn't get it to work
> straight away and for the most part, I didn't have much of an issue with
> conversion from openldap slapcat output.

Yeah, I haven't had enough different systems to test LdapImport on
thoroughly.  It works for me in most places but it's definitely best
at doing LDAP -> LDAP not so much at anything else -> LDAP.

But I'm slowly hacking away at the various bugs and things, trying
to make it more useable.  Any bug reports are appreciated of course,
as other people have systems they can test on that I can't.

> I also see the need to use groupOfUniqueNames but I haven't figured that
> one out either but I'm working on it.

groupOfUniqueNames is a nice idea and very neat but in the end the
IETF RFC standards maintainers didn't go with it.  So the very few
systems that support it are likely to end up being orphaned in
doing so.

The only reason I made any use of it at all is because (a) directory
administrator handles it, and (b) it works on Linux using the PADL
software and (c) it's interesting.  There is no real compelling reason
to do it other than that it's interesting.  I could make better use
of my time by writing some useful code.

--
Del