[Samba] Two samba's not playing together

Koenraad Lelong samba.k.lelong at ace-electronics.be
Mon Dec 5 08:47:19 GMT 2005

Hi,
I just tried to migrate my NT-PDC to samba-3.0.20b. Everything worked
fine except for a problem with my old file-server running samba-2.2.5
with winbind.
I can connect to and use shares on the new PDC and I can manage users
and groups. But when I try to connect to the file-server I'm refused access.
When I prepared this mail, I remarked that in smb.conf I somehow deleted
the netbios-name of the new PDC (I used a modified copy of it to vampire
the old PDC). Could this be the reason why access was refused ?
What I don't understand is that with that same smb.conf I could see the
PDC in the Windows neighboorhood, and I could select shares and use
them. And I could accesss it using user-manager and server-manager.
For the configuration files go to :
http://users.edpnet.be/brouwerij/samba/
smb.conf-PDC is what was in use for the new PDC.
smb.conf-FileServer is what is in use for the fileserver. First I tried
NEWPDC, then I tried * for the password server, both didn't work.
Any opinions ? How to debug this further ?
Thanks,
Koenraad Lelong
ACE electronics.