[Samba] net rpc vampire not working

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Dec 5 01:58:54 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 12:25 +1100, Del wrote:
> > Use
> > http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/ntmigration.html
>
> Thanks, that is a great help.  I have it working now.
----
thought so - the detailed walk through used to be in the 'How-To' and
gove moved to the 'by example' and whatever was left in the 'How-To'
seems to be incomplete - as I looked at your link, I could see that some
of the important stuff wasn't there but enough detail was there to make
you think you could try it.
----

> > I would recommend that the user is familiar with setup, usage,
> > maintenance of LDAP prior to doing this.
>
> Oh, LDAP is no problem.   I'm the author of the LdapImport scripts
> which some of you may have seen
>
> http://wiki.babel.com.au/index.php?area=Linux_Projects&page=LdapImport
>
> The problem I was having was correct configuration of samba prior to
> running net rpc vampire.
----
obviously - I thought the complete walk through was probably the thing
that you really needed to see.

I actually fooled with your LdapImport and didn't get it to work
straight away and for the most part, I didn't have much of an issue with
conversion from openldap slapcat output.

Still trying to get my head around fedora-ds ACI's ;-)

I also see the need to use groupOfUniqueNames but I haven't figured that
one out either but I'm working on it.

Thanks

Craig