[Samba] User and Groups Problem with ADS (Win2003) and Solaris 10

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Dec 4 10:27:27 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 23:38 -0800, SAMBA wrote:
> Do you need to configure PAM to authenticate through Kerberos?

I don't think this is relevant:  In general, Samba doesn't use PAM at
all, and for the local login case (not the issue here), you probably
want pam_winbindd.

On the original question:

You set:
> winbind use default domain = yes

And then wonder why it does exactly as the documentation states?  One of
the best suggestions I have is to use the bare minimum configuration,
and avoid setting things (client use spnego and other settings) that you
don't actually know you need.

Andrew Bartlett