[Samba] Re: security=server, port 445 and winnt

Bryan K. Wright bryan at ayesha.phys.Virginia.EDU
Fri Dec 2 21:34:58 GMT 2005

Hi Sharif,

	Thanks for your reply, but as I said in my post
the "smb ports" option only controls which ports the
samba server listens on.  It doesn't (determined experimentally)
control how the samba server tries to communicate with the
password server.  That's what I'm trying to do here.

					Bryan

sharif islam <sharif.islam at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is man smb.conf
>             smb ports (G)
>               Specifies  which ports the server should listen on for
> SMB traffic.
>               Default: smb ports = 445 139
> So I guess you can just smb ports = 139.

Bryan Wright                |"If you take cranberries and stew them like
Physics Department          | applesauce, they taste much more like prunes
University of Virginia      | than rhubarb does."  --  Groucho
Charlottesville, VA  22901  |
(434) 924-7218              |         bryan at virginia.edu