[Samba] Problem migrating share acls

James Watkins misterwatto at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 12:35:36 GMT 2005

Hi list, I'm having a problem migrating share acls from an NT4 BDC to a
samba domain member server. I can migrate the shares and the files and
folders (with acls) but if I do a 'migrate security' I get a list of the
acls that it is proposing to transfer and then WERR_ACCESS_DENIED.
I have fs acl support, tested with setfacl and I've tried connecting as
a variety of users (including root).  Is it possible to get a more
specific error message, maybe I need to give my connecting user write
acces to my smb.conf or perhaps the share_info.tdb (both of which I've
tried) or maybe some other file that I don't know about.
I'm quite baffled so any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

James.