[Samba] Samba 3.0.9 ==> 3.0.14a migration LDIF problem

Collins, Kevin kCollins at nesbittengineering.com
Thu Dec 1 20:50:52 GMT 2005

I'm trying to migrate my existing RedHat ES Samba PDC to Ubuntu.  The RedHat version of Samba is 3.0.9 and the Ubuntu version is 3.0.14a.  Everything was going fine until I tried to import the LDIF of the existing LDAP directory.  The LDIF actually imports all of the structure (OU and Group definitions) and all of my users, but it fails when it comes to my first machine account with this error:

slapadd: dn="uid=magellan$,ou=Computers,dc=nesbitt,dc=local" (line=1437): (65) no structural object class provided

I'm certain that is caused by the differing version of OpenLDAP that I'm running, but for the life of me, I can't find a solution.  Here is an example of one of my machine accounts: