[Samba] Security risk to adding users to "Domain Admin" group

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Dec 1 20:28:29 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 15:10 -0500, Samba wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> Could anyone tell me what would be the repercussion of adding all users to "Domain Admins" in a samba environment. The
> reason I am asking is because we are getting a picker object error when trying to add "Domain Users" to the Local
> Administrator group. Domain Admin gets added ok during join.
----
file security at all levels (local files/server based files).
device security at all levels (local/server).
password security at local level

Seems to me that you should fix whatever isn't properly configured to
solve your problem instead.

from command line on samba server, what do you get when you run...

net groupmap list # ?
testparm -s # any errors?
pdbedit -Lv Administrator # ?

Craig