[Samba] No aswer to my winbind problems ?

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Dec 1 16:34:33 GMT 2005

On Thursday 01 December 2005 02:58, Noc Phibee wrote:
> Hi
>
> anyone can help me to resol my big problems ?

Sure we can, what have you done to reolve it yourself?

Did you read the Samba3-HOWTO and Samba3-ByExample books?
Please refer to: http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/

Did you not find the answers in these books?
How have you gone about finding the answers?

I do not recall your posting and often miss postings when I am too busy to
read the Samba mailing list (sometimes for days on end). I am sure many
others on this list experience the same challenge - it is nearly impossible
to read and respond to all postings unless we can find a way to spend all
day, every day, doing nothing else.

We wrote the documentation as a means of providing meaningful support and
reference material. It took one of our team members over 18 months of
full-time writing to produce the books. We do care about the problems our
users face, and we want to help you to resolve Samba issues.

Recently there have been a few follow-up questions on this list asking why
requests were not answered. I want to assure you that no-one is deliberately
ignoring people who ask for help.

Please remember, that something that is big and important to you does not
necessarily cause other scusbribers to jump to attention.

If the problem is worthy of paying for support to get fast attention that you
can control, then please refer to the Samba support web pages to get the
relief you need. See: http://www.samba.org/samba/support/

- John T.