[Samba] roaming profiles, not roaming

Louis van Belle louis at van-belle.nl
Thu Dec 1 08:27:38 GMT 2005

then you still have configuration problems,

i'll attach mij smb.conf as example for you.
im running debian kernel 2.6.8 with cifs en ext3 and Extended attributes.
make sure this line is in fstab if you use Extended attrib and acl
/dev/sda12      /home   ext3    defaults,acl,user_xattr         0       2

also

make a registry file containing this:

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------
; do not roam the following folders

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"ExcludeProfileDirs"="Temporary Internet Files;History;Temp"

; Do not check for user ownership of Roaming Profile Folders
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]
"CompatibleRUPSecurity"=dword:00000001

nou you have my working config, compare it to yours, i had exacly the same
problem as you do now.

Louis