[Samba] workstation account passwords

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Dec 1 04:40:12 GMT 2005

I am preparing to migrate a samba 3.0.x PDC and will be using ldap
passdb. I want to set up LDAP right away but let the current PDC
continue servicing the domain until I am ready to make the final switch
which may take a few weeks since I am not under undue pressure to switch
them over. The current PDC is simply smbpasswd passdb.

I can set up the LDAP and migrate the users & workstation accounts but I
am reasonably certain that the workstation accounts passwords will
change during the time period so I am wondering if there is something
simple that I can do to prevent the workstations from changing their
passwords in the interim.

Craig