[Samba] deleted file reappears

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Thu Dec 1 01:29:19 GMT 2005

> I am using Samba 3.0.11 with the recycle.so module. I am trying to
> delete a file on a Windows XP client but when I press F5 the file is
> there again.

I've had this problem appear sometimes, I don't think it has anything
to do with the recycle module.  If a Windows box tries to delete a file
and the user doesn't have access, sometimes the file appears to be
deleted but pressing F5 reveals it hasn't actually been removed.

Make sure the user has sufficient access to delete the file.

Cheers,
Adam.