[Samba] mounting windows share as smbfs

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Thu Dec 1 01:26:37 GMT 2005

> When I mount the Windows share it works, but only root is allowed
> write permission in the directory created.  How can I allow any user
> write permission?  I have tried everything I could find in the
> archive, and on google.  surely someone has had to do this before?

Run "man smbmount" - have a look at the uid= and gid= options.  They
will allow you to set the owner of all the files to someone else.  You
may also want to try the fmask= and dmask= options, they'll allow you
to set the permissions of the mounted files (this is how you can give
all people write access to the mounted files.)

Cheers,
Adam.