[Samba] mounting windows share as smbfs

Nikki just.girl.talk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 00:20:36 GMT 2005

When I mount the Windows share it works, but only root is allowed write
permission in the directory created.  How can I allow any user write
permission?  I have tried everything I could find in the archive, and on
google.  surely someone has had to do this before?

The windows machine is XP, I'm using Fedora Core 4.

The entry in fstab is:
//$fileServer/$share   /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/$share    smbfs
username=$name, password=$password 0 0

I realize this is a mounting issue, but I'm mounting it as smbfs, which
makes it also a Samba issue.  Doesn't it?  There aren't any issues with
directories not created by the Samba daemon.

Nikki

--
1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the centre of the Universe.
500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat.