[Samba] (no subject)

Chris Cejka c-chris.cejka at mci.com
Wed Aug 31 19:49:44 GMT 2005

Hello Everyone,

Currently I'm having a problem with viewing my Samba shares from a Windows
XP client using the "net view" command.  However, I can map the shares using
the command "net use M: \\localhost\sharename
<file:///\\localhost\sharename> " to a network drive.  I have copied my
current smb.conf file below.  Does anyone know why I can't see them but I
can map them to a network drive?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#======================= Global Settings
=====================================

[global]

   workgroup = na.dsmain.com

   server string = Rafiki's Samba Server

   hosts allow = rafiki 166.34.132.37 166.34.132.73

   debuglevel = 3 // CAN BE SET FROM 1 THRU 10 - 10 BEING THE MOST DEBUGGING

   max log size = 50 // NO LOG FILE WILL BE GREATER THAN 50K IN SIZE

   security = domain

   guest account = nobody

   update encrypted = no

   encrypt passwords = yes

   smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd

   socket options = TCP_NODELAY

   log file = /var/samba/log/log.%m

==============================

# This one is useful for people to share files

[tmp]

   comment = Temporary file space

   path = /tmp

   read only = no