[Samba] BDC and password change program

Stéphane Purnelle stephane.purnelle at tiscali.be
Wed Aug 31 11:52:36 GMT 2005

The LDAP server in 172.16.0.24 is the master ldap server, but on
smb.conf of BDC, the ldap server is on localhost.
If the IP adresse of BDC is 172.16.0.24, you must have no problem.
Now, if different, you must configure ldap for replication.
Because changing password on the PDC is not replicated to BDC.

The BDC not verify password with the PDC, but with the passwd backend
only.
You can disable these lines :
passwd program = /usr/bin/smbpasswd %u
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:*
%n\n*Retype\snew\sUnix\spassword:* %n\n

On BDC