[Samba] Samba 3.0.20 on Solaris ( 3.0.14a idem) - C compiler cannot create executables

Anthony PEROT apero at generation-unix.net
Wed Aug 31 10:03:13 GMT 2005

Hi,

I've a real problem on my sol8 server :

- gcc, binutils, etc are installed, PATH is ok, as, ld, etc too

MIT kerberos and Openldap have compiled without any problem but for samba
during "configure" I directly get : "C compiler cannot create executables"
and no error about a gcc not found !

I only see " " not found but it doesn't tell me what in config.log, it
seems to search for something in /usr/local/.../Openldap/lib and/or
include dirs but I don't know what :(

Someone said me that I should use Sun compilers instead of gcc but I don't
want, I don't have Sun Studio licence and I don't want to buy it just for
that !