[Samba] Logon scripts

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Aug 29 17:10:40 GMT 2005

> I have one SAMBA+LDAP+DNS+DHCP (DC) server running fine in a debian box,
> my
> problem now is that a need to have 2 different logon scripts, one is a
> specific user  only, let's say user1 when this user login in winxp client
> machine the server send to it a script loginA.cmd, and when all user of
> group "Domain Users" logs in  the server users a loginB.cmd
>

> Later a can use this for admin specific scripts or for  "Domain Admins"
> group,  but for now those 2 thing are more important.

Here we generate the login script on the fly on the server using the root
preexec parameter whenever someone connects to the netlogon share.  A perl
script runs on the server that pulls data from LDAP and checks against all
their group memberships and writes an appropriate windows batch file for
them to run.

Not that this is right for everyone, but it's what we do.